Physiotherapy at The Geelong Neuro Centre
Neurological physiotherapy is a type of rehabilitation offering examination and treatment of the physical problems that are caused by a neurological condition. Neurological physiotherapy focuses on empowering individuals to improve quality of life and improve functional capacity focusing on physical abilities and movement.
Physiotherapy can assist with:
- Retrain normal patterns of movement
- Improve ability with everyday activities focusing on muscle strength, range of movement, and muscle control in gross or fine motor skills.
- Improve posture and balance to reduce risk of falling
- Soft tissue therapy to lengthen tight muscles to help decrease spasticity and reduce contractures
- Increase fitness levels and endurance
- Help problems with breathing and reduce risk of chest infections
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Relieve pain