Exercise Physiology at The Geelong Neuro Centre
Our Accredited Exercise Physiologists have extensive experience in neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation. They use progressive technology and the delivery of specific one-on-one exercise to drive neuroplasticity, improve your function, reach your goals and improve your quality of life.
Our team of Exercise Physiologists can assist with:
- Musculoskeletal pain such as shoulder, neck or back pain
- Gait retraining
- Improved sitting or standing posture
- Improved balance and falls prevention
- Improved cardiovascular function
- Improving range of motion and strength
- Improved wheelchair efficiency, including transfer training and bed mobility
- Increased confidence in the community to complete daily activities
- Lifestyle and behaviour modification
For individuals with progressive neurological disorders, exercise can also help to increase strength in muscles that may be deteriorating due to your condition, or slow the onset of deterioration.
Your Accredited Exercise Physiologist will be specific towards your goals and will help you alongside the Geelong Neuro Centre team to gain independence and improve function in line with your activities of daily living.